Tuesday 3 May 2016

Introducing Rio de Janeiro...

Introducing Wladilene from Escola Municipal Ministro Gama Filho...

How did you learn about this opportunity?
“A friend of mine, Luciana Oliveira, told me about this project.”

Is English hard to teach in Brazil?
“In public schools, it is hard to teach English because most of the students are not aware about the importance of learning a second language.”

What were your initial thoughts on this new project?
“I thought it would be a good way for them to be familiar with the English language.”

How do you think having the opportunity to interact with a school in Brazil and England help your school?
“In my opinion, the contact with others will encourage them to interact in English because they will see other Brazilian students doing it from Curitiba.”  

What are the children most looking forward too?
“When I told them about this project, they became interested in meeting the people from England and they started to ask questions about the country.”

How will this project effect the children in your school?
“I think it will spark student’s desire to explore a world that they do not know that exists.”

What is the impact of this project on other teachers in your school?
“I believe it will have a great impact on them. I have not had time to talk to them yet as I have just talked to my directors and they are really excited about it.”

What hope do you have for the future with this project?

“Firstly, I hope the children become more interested in learning a second language. Secondly, that they explore, investigate and understand their world and the wider world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment